Ngaio: Colway Street proposed bus stop & parking changes
Bus clearance issues and proposed solutions
Metlink is proposing roading improvements along Colway Street to improve bus clearance and access to bus stops. These improvements seek to ensure accessibility to public transport services and maintain effective operations.
We are engaging the local community in and around Colway Street to gather helpful insights and perspectives on how the road is used, to aid us in fine tuning our proposal for roading improvements. Residents and the wider community will be consulted from Monday 13 March to Monday 27 March.
This feedback stage is to gain resident and community perspective that will feed into a final proposal considered by Wellington City Council, and if progressed, will be brought back to the community for formal consultation on Monday 24 April 2023.
Section A: 1-20 Colway Street
Summary of changes:
- Stop 4451(external link): extend bus box by 2.7m, add broken yellow lines to create 18.8m entry taper & 20.5m exit taper for buses
- Stop 5451(external link): add broken yellow lines to create 15m entry taper & 15m exit taper for buses
- 15 Colway Street: add 20.2m of broken yellow lines
- 18 Colway Street: add 7.1m of broken yellow lines
- 19 Colway Street: add 16.3m of broken yellow lines
Section B: 21-42 Colway Street
Summary of changes:
- 21-25 Colway Street: add 27m of broken yellow lines
- 28 Colway Street: add 20.3m broken yellow lines
- 30-32 Colway Street: add 16.4m broken yellow lines
- 39A Colway Street: add 19.6m broken yellow lines
- 40 Colway Street: add 20.3m broken yellow lines
Section C: 43-65 Colway Street
Summary of changes
- Stop 4452(external link): remove stop and shelter
- Stop 5452(external link): remove stop
- Stop 4453(external link): move to outside 56 Colway Street, add new shelter, add 15m bus box, add broken yellow lines for 15m entry taper & 9m exit taper for buses.
- Stop 5453(external link): add 15m bus box, add 20.4m entry taper & 15.2m exit taper for buses.
- 43-51 Colway Street: add 67.4m of broken yellow lines
- 46-48 Colway Street: extend broken yellow lines by 10.9m