When used in these conditions the following terms have the meaning beside them:
- “Accessible Concession” is a concession available to people who are blind or disabled and who have valid ID (Total Mobility Card or Foundation of the Blind ID).
- “Carer” is someone travelling with a person with a disability who needs to travel with that person to facilitate their travel.
- "Community Connect Concession" is a national concession available to people who are in the possession of a valid Community Services Card (CS Card).
- “Dual” or “Multi tag on” is the ability to tag (pay for) multiple individuals onto a Vehicle using the snapper card.
"Free travel entitlement” refers to the Tickets or certain conditions that are required to be met to access eligible public transport services at no cost.
- “Journey” refers to travel between an origin and a destination which may involve one trip, or multiple linked trips on more than one Vehicle and may include a Ride.
- "Journey-based fare" refers to the smartcard fares charged based on the number of zones between the first and last points at which a passenger tags on and off.
- “Metlink” is the operating brand name of public transport services managed by Wellington Regional Council.
- “Mobility Aid” refers to any mobility scooter or other personal mobility device in which a passenger remains seated and is self-propelled or electronically powered.
- "Metlink On Demand app" is the application which is needed in order to order and pay for Metlink's On Demand service.
- "Missing Tag-Off Charge" is applied when you fail to tag off your previous trip. The next time you tag on, you will receive a missing tag off charge. This covers the cash fare to the end of the line.
- “Off-peak” periods are between 9 am and 3 pm and after 6:30 pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and public holidays. All bus trips on early morning services before 7am are off-peak.
- "Operator" refers to an operator appointed by us to provide public transport services under a PTOM Partnering Contract.
- "Period pass" is a ticket that allows a user to travel for a defined period (e.g. day or 30 days).
- "Product" in the transport ticketing context refers to a fare or a means of fare payment, or a combination of both, by which a passenger gains legal access to travel on public transport, and may include smartcards, single-trip tickets, multi-trip tickets, free transfers and period passes.
- “PTOM Partnering Contract” refers to a contract between Wellington Regional Council and an Operator of rail or bus services entered into in accordance with the Public Transport Operating Model and the Land Transport Management Act 2003.
- “Snapper Card” is a contactless smartcard issued by Snapper Services Limited that can be used for payment for travel on Metlink services in the Wellington region on which Snapper payment is accepted.
- "Smartcard" in the transport ticketing context refers to a re-usable contactless electronic card capable of being personalised (e.g. by registration) or associated with a user, and of storing values or fare products.
- "Stored value card" is a smartcard. allowing a user to load funds in the form of stored values or travel passes onto the card to use the public transport system, usually by tagging on and tagging off each vehicle or platform.
- "Stored value" means a monetary value that is loaded directly onto a valid stored value card. One or more units of the value stored on the card may be consumed at the time the card is used based on the fare calculation rules. Any residual values may remain on the card until they are consumed from time to time.
- “SuperGold Card” is a discounts and concessions card for seniors and veterans issued by the Ministry for Social Development.
- “Ticket” refers to a right to travel, which may be in the form of a paper Ticket (such as cash tickets) or a validated Snapper Card, or SuperGold Card, and may also require a proof of entitlement.
“Ticketing Supplier” refers to the provider of any ticketing and fare payment-related systems, technology and services (including providers of financial services) delivered to GWRC under a direct contract or via a legal service agreement.
- “Total Mobility Card” refers to a smart card issued by Metlink for eligible customers enabling them to travel on a discounted fare on Metlink Vehicles or subsidised taxi services under Total Mobility Scheme.
- "Transfer" means a change in vehicle to connect two consecutive trips during a Journey. The definition of Transfer in this document excludes transfers between public transport services and other modes of travel, such as walking, cycling, wheel-chair access or driving.
- "Transfer product" means a ticket or smartcard functionality that allows Journey-based fare calculation (fare integration) or targeted application of discounted transfers to certain Journeys.
- “Trip” refers to travel on one Vehicle between two locations and may include a Ride.
- “Vehicle” is a reference to a Metlink bus or train, including, in the case of rail Vehicles, any rail replacement bus service, as applicable.
“We”, “us”, “our”, “Metlink Staff”, or “Staff” means Wellington Regional Council, or an Operator including employees or contractors of either Wellington Regional Council or an Operator.
- “Wellington Regional Council” is also known as Greater Wellington Regional Council.
- “You” or “your” means any passenger using a Vehicle or a passenger who is on premises that form part of the Metlink public transport network.
In relation to condition 8 - Metlink On Demand Service, the following terms take the meaning ascribed to them in the Metlink On Demand Terms and Conditions.
- "Metlink On Demand App"
- "Metlink On Demand Service"
- "Pickup Location"
- "Reserved Ride"
- "Ride Fare"
- "Ride Proposal"