Service Updates > Timetables are changing for some Porirua bus routes from 31 March
Valid from: 19/03/2019 12:00am
From 31 March we're introducing timetable changes to some bus routes in Porirua. They’re designed to help more buses arrive on time so you can get where you need to go. Changes always take a while to bed in, so bear with us as we get the timetable up to speed.
Before you travel be sure to check whether your timetable has changed.
For a summary on what the 31 March changes mean for you click on your bus route below, and you can view your timetable by clicking the blue timetable button and selecting a date from Sunday 31 March onwards.
Check your trip ahead of time via the Journey Planner, remembering to select from 31 March onwards.
Stay up to date with real-time updates by subscribing to MyMetlink, downloading the Metlink Commuter App or calling 0800 801 700.
|Route 210||Route 220||Route 226||Route 230||Route 236|
- There are minor timetable adjustments to weekday services between 9am - 3pm. This should improve connections at Porirua Station with bus route 60, meaning less wait time for Titahi Bay residents going to Kenepuru Hospital. Bus services will still connect with trains.
- The timetable has been updated to better reflect journey times for one morning and some late evening services from Titahi Bay to Ascot Park
- The 8.44am weekday service from Lyttelton Avenue to Ascot Park will now depart from Titahi Bay at 8.26am. This gives Titahi Bay residents an extra service with which to connect to the 9.03am rail service into Wellington
- The 2.59pm weekday service from Ascot Park will wait for 4 minutes at Porirua Station so it connects with school bus route 461 for students travelling to Titahi Bay. There will also be an adjustment to the travel time which will better reflect the journey time
- The 4pm weekday service from Ascot Park will now run to Titahi Bay so that school students arriving from the 3.55pm train from Wellington can go to Titahi Bay
- The 7.50am weekday service from Titahi Bay will now extend to Aotea College on school days, which replaces school bus route 426 from Porirua Station
- There are additional early morning services on Sundays from Ascot Park at 7.12am and 7.42am and also one additional departure from Lyttelton Avenue to Ascot Park at 8.08am
- The 7.57am service from Ascot Park will now depart earlier at 7.55am to reduce wait time at Ascot Park for passengers travelling from Titahi Bay and Porirua to Rangikura School
- The timetable has been updated to better reflect journey times on weekday afternoon trips from Sievers Grove
- The bus route will now travel in a single direction around Elsdon and Takapuwahia on all trips, meaning customers no longer need to stand on different sides of the road to catch the bus.Travelling counter-clockwise, the bus will first get to Te Hiko Street, continuing on to Prosser Street.
- The 8.36am weekday service from Whitby will now depart 8 minutes earlier at 8.28am to connect with the 9.04am train to Wellington
- The timetable has been updated to better reflect journey times around school start and finish times
- The 7.30am weekday service from Porirua Station will now depart 5 minutes later at 7.35am to provide a connection to Whitby for passengers travelling on the route 220 trip from Titahi Bay at 7.10am
- The timetable has been updated to better reflect journey times for late weekday evening services from Porirua to Whitby