Service Updates > Some services have a reduced number of carriages until Christmas due to ongoing additional maintenance
Valid from: 14/12/2018 6:00am
This page will be updated regularly with the latest reduced service list.
We currently have a shortage of carriages due to an increase in planned and unplanned maintenance. This shortage is likely to continue until Christmas which means the additional 6:46am Kapiti service remains cancelled, as well as a reduced number of carriages on other services when necessary.
Each carriage requires regular maintenance, then we have some which are taken out of service for planned engineering upgrades, or unplanned mechanical work if something out of the ordinary happens. We are trying to accelerate the maintenance process but this work is essential to the safe running of our trains so the quality of this work will not be compromised.
The following services will run with less carriages than usual:
Friday 14 December 2018
- The 6:46am service from Waikanae to Wellington is cancelled. Alternative services depart Waikanae at 6:28am and 6:58am.
- The 6:58am service from Waikanae to Wellington. Alternative services depart Waikanae at 6:28am and 7:18am.
Hutt Valley Line
- The 6:40am service from Taita to Wellington. Alternative services depart Taita at 6:20am and 7:00am.
- The 7:56am service from Melling to Wellington. Alternative services depart Melling at 7:33am and 8:16am.
- The 6:30am service from Johnsonville to Wellington. Alternative services depart Johnsonville at 6:00am and 6:45am.
- The 7:30am service from Johnsonville to Wellington. Alternative services depart Johnsonville at 7:15am and 7:45am.
- The 8:30am service from Johnsonville to Wellington. Alternative services depart Johnsonville at 8:15am and 7:45am.
This list may change frequently as carriages come out of the mechanical depot, so check back regularly to get the latest information.
There are a small number of carriages which are removed from service for maintenance work during peak, but we use all other available carriages to run our weekday peak timetable.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience during this time.