Service Updates > Route 290 – Return to original service from Sunday 8 December 2019
Valid from: 03/04/2019 12:00am
Date: Sunday 8 December 2019
Location: Rahui Road, Otaki
After the construction of the Rahui Road Bridge as part of the Otaki to Peka Peka Expressway, Rahui Road will reopen and the Route 290 will return to its original route and timetable.
The Route 290 will return to the original route travelling from SH1, onto Te Manuao Road, Freemans Road and Rahui Road.
Please note: The construction of the Rahui Road overbridge is expected to be complete by Thursday 28 November. To ensure that all timetable data is correct, electronic fares will be collected correctly, and to allow for any potential project delays as a result of poor weather; the service will return to normal on Sunday 8 December.
Refer to the diversion map below for more information.
Reopened Bus Stops
The following bus stops will reopen for use from the above date:
- Stop 1712 – Te Manuao Road – Baptist Church
- Stop 1714 – Te Manuao Road (near 24)
- Stop 1716 – Freemans Road at Te Manuao Road
- Stop 1718 – Freemans Road at Brandon Street
- Stop 1720 – Freemans Road at Rahui Road
- Stop 1722 – Rahui Road at Te Roto Road
Closed Bus Stops
The following temporary bus stops will permanently close from the above date:
- Stop 0712 – Temporary stop opposite Te Manuao Road – Baptist Church
- Stop 0714 – Temporary stop opposite Te Manuao Road (near 24)
- Stop 0716 – Temporary stop opposite Freemans Road at Te Manuao Road
- Stop 0718 – Temporary stop opposite Freemans Road at Brandon Street
- Stop 0720 – Temporary stop opposite Freemans Road at Rahui Road
- Stop 7022 – Temporary stop opposite Rahui Road