Service Updates > Northland Tunnel Closure- Routes 13 & 22 Diversion
Valid from: 18/06/2020 12:00am
Date and Time: Monday 22 June - Friday 10 July
Location: Northland Tunnel- Northland Road
Closure Purpose: Tunnel Maintenance- waterproofing
Road Closure Details
UPDATE: Please be aware that the current diversion of routes 13 and 22 will continue past Monday 6 July through to the new finishing date for this work: Friday 10 July.
Please note that this diversion will be in place 24/7 from first service of the day on Monday 22 June.
The entire project will take 2 weeks approximately.
These diversions will also be in place during weekends (even when work is not happening) due to safety reasons.
School routes will also be affected by this closure and diversion.
See the diversion map below for more details
Closed Bus Stops
The following bus stops will be closed during the above times:
- 5921 - Northland Tunnel (opposite Putnam Street)
- 4921 - Northland Tunnel (near Putnam Street)
- 5920 - Zealandia - Northland Tunnel Road
- 5922 - Northland Village - Northland Road
- 4922 - Northland Village - Northland Road
Temporary Bus Stops
The following temporary bus stops will be used during the above times:
Outbound (to Johnsonville/Mairangi)
- Opposite #70 Northland Road (Please see above map)
Inbound (to Wellington CBD)
- Outside #70 Northland Road (Please see above map)