Service Updates > Bus services in Kapiti are changing – from Monday 20 November 2017
Valid from: 28/10/2017 8:00am
From Monday 20 November 2017, there will be significant changes to Kapiti bus services, which will include adjustments to both timetables and bus routes.
250, 251, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 270, 280, 281, 290 and school bus route 530
Summary of changes:
Paekakariki and Raumati
- Route 251, the Paekakariki shopper, will now operate as a normal service and will not need to be booked in advance
- New bus stops will be installed in Paekakariki making it clearer where to get route 251
- Routes 250, 260, 261, 262 will travel directly to Paraparaumu Station to connect with the train, and will then carry on to Coastlands Shopping Centre
- Routes 261 and 262 will have off-peak services to Paraparaumu Beach, alternating every 30 minutes
- New route 264 will be a shopper service that travels from Elsdon Rest Home to Paraparaumu Station, Coastlands Shopping Centre and the Kapiti Health Centre every Monday and Wednesday
- School bus service 530 will be extended to Paraparaumu East
- Routes 263 and 270 will be discontinued due to low use
Waikanae and Otaki
- Route 280 will be a direct service between Waikanae Beach and Waikanae Station
- New route 281 will service Waikanae Township
There will be changes to some bus stops, including the establishment of new bus stops and the removal of others. Notices on the bus stops that are to be removed will notify customers of the nearest bus stop.
An information flyer will be delivered to most Kapiti residents in the week beginning 6 November 2017. Paper copy timetables will be delivered to usual stockists from Monday 13 November.
Kapiti Coast timetable stockists
Mana Coach Services - Kapiti Depot
35 Hinemoa Street
State Highway 1, at Mediterranean Food Warehouse (Coastlands)
9 Iver Trask Place
Ruapehu at Epiha Street
Waikanae Service Centre / Library
4 Mahara Place
Questions or concerns? Please get in touch with us.