Post Implementation Review: Better Metlink Fares 2018
This report presents summary findings of the Post Implementation Review of the Better Metlink Fares changes.
The Review covers both the ‘fares and ticketing’ components of the Better Metlink Fares changes and was guided by the following questions:
- How well did the fares package perform against expectations for patronage and travel behaviour?
- How well did the fares package perform against expectations for fare revenue and share of funding?
- How successful for customers was the roll-out of ticketing across bus, rail and ferry?
- How well did the fares and ticketing changes perform against the new policies in the PT Plan (concession fares policy and policy to reward target behaviours)?
- What lessons can we learn for future changes to fares and ticketing?