Free travel to and from your vaccination appointment
We are providing free travel on buses and trains to anyone getting their COVID-19 vaccination from Monday 20 September 2021. This is part of a coordinated effort to boost attendance at vaccination centres and events across the region.
Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Free travel’ is provided to and from your vaccination appointment using Metlink buses and trains.
- You can only use this travel on the day of your appointment or vaccination visit
- Show your booking confirmation (either paper or on your mobile phone), otherwise let your bus driver or train manager know you are heading to or from your vaccination and take your seat
- Staff will only be checking that your appointment confirmation is dated for the day of travel
- Passengers must follow all government guidelines whilst using public transport
- Everyone 12 years and older legally must wear a face mask on public transport at all Levels. From 4 February, all students Year 4 and above are required to wear a face mask on public transport and dedicated school services.
- Drivers and transport operators will not stop people without face masks from boarding public transport. This is because some people will have legitimate reasons for not wearing a face mask
- Passengers of taxi and ride-share services legally must wear a face mask at Orange and Red and are encouraged at Green.
If using buses or trains is not an option for you, we are encouraging people to contact us directly on 0800 801 700 to arrange community transport to and from your vaccination centre.
For more information on vaccination sites visit the Healthpoint website(external link).
Haere kore utu ki tō hui, i tō hui rānei mō te rongoā āraimate
E hoatu kore utu ana mātou i ngā pahi me ngā tereina ki te hunga e haere ana ki te whiwhi i tō rātou rongoā āraimate KOWHEORI-19, mai i te Mane 20 o Mahuru 2021. He mea whakakotahi i ngā kaha ki te whakanui i te taenga atu, i te toronga atu rānei o te hunga whai rongoā āraimate huri i te rohe.
Ko ngā Herenga me ngā Āheinga:
- Ko te “haere kore utu” mō te haerenga atu, hokinga atu rānei i tō weronga rongoā āraimate i runga i ngā pahi me ngā tereina o Metlink.
- E taea ana e koe ēnei waka te haere i tō rangi hui, i tō toronga atu rānei
- Me whakaatu (te pepa, tō kawe reo rānei), i tō whakatūturutanga o tō hui, me whakamārama atu rānei ki te hautū pahi, tereina rānei e haere atu ana, e hoki atu ana koe rānei i tō weronga, ā, kimihia he nohoanga mōu.
- Ka tirohia anake e ngā kaimahi e rite ana tō rangi hui me te rangi e haere atu ana
- Me whai tonu ngā kaieke i ngā aratohu katoa o te Kāwanatanga i a koe i runga i ngā waka tūmatanui.
Download translations of our Free Travel to Vaccinations poster
Cook Islands Māori (Kūki 'Āirani Māori) [PDF, 180 KB]
Fijian (Vosa Vakaviti) [PDF, 185 KB]
Kiribati (Te taetae ni Kiribati) [PDF, 182 KB]
Niue (Vagaha Niue) [PDF, 179 KB]
Rotuman (Fäeag Rotųam) [PDF, 181 KB]
Samoa (Gagana Samoa) [PDF, 181 KB]
Tokelau (Te Gagana Tokelau) [PDF, 185 KB]
Tonga (Lea Faka-Tonga) [PDF, 188 KB]
Tuvalu (Te Gana Tuvalu) [PDF, 186 KB]