Paraparaumu Station is an interchange to a number of bus services.
Shelter work at Paraparaumu Station
From Monday 6 January through to early February, all of the shelters on platform one are being treated and painted. The accessible ramp will be maintained at all times, and the stairwell will be closed occasionally during quiet periods, with signs on site indicating alternative access.
There will be minimal disruption to platform users, with no platform work during peak hours and minor platform restrictions during non-peak hours. Thank you for your patience during these works.
On Main Road.
The ticket office at Paraparaumu Station is open from:
|Monday to Friday||5.25am-6.10pm|
|Saturday, Sunday & public holidays||Closed|
Single fares can be purchased from the staff on the train with cash (no EFTPOS). Correct change is appreciated.
There are toilet facilities at Paraparaumu Station.
Park & Ride
There are Park & Ride facilities at Paraparaumu Station.
Paraparaumu station is an interchange to a number of bus services to Raumati South, Paraparaumu Beach, Waikanae and school buses to Kapiti College.
Use our Journey Planner to find your connecting bus service or check our real time information for Paraparaumu Station Stop 1000 (external link) .
Buses replacing trains stop
Paraparaumu Station has extensive facilities for cycles with spaces for 44 in a locker and cycle racks.
Cycles can be carried on trains free of charge, without reservations, and on a first-come, first served basis except on these peak hour services on the Kapiti Line:
|6.28 am from Waikanae||4.21 pm from Wellington|
|7.03 am from Plimmerton||4.35 pm from Wellington|
|7.14 am from Plimmerton||4.43 pm from Wellington|
|7.17 am from Waikanae||5.03 pm from Wellington|
|7.29 am from Porirua||5.17 pm from Wellington|
|7.34 am from Waikanae||5.19 pm from Wellington|
|7.41 am from Plimmerton||5.35 pm from Wellington|
|7.43am from Porirua||5.45 pm from Wellington|
|8.03 am from Porirua||6.00 pm from Wellington|
|8.24 am from Porirua|
How to get timetable and disruption information
- You can get timetable information for services from this station (external link)
- Get Alerts to your phone or via email – Set up a My Metlink account
- Download our Metlink Commuter app for real time information
- Sometimes track maintenance or upgrades to a line are required. We schedule planned disruptions during off-peak and buses will replace train services. Planned disruptions are notified by posters, Real Time Information signs at stations and Service Updates
Compliments and complaints
We want to hear about your public transport journey. Get your feedback to us.
- Single cash fares and Day Passes – can be purchased with cash from on-board Metlink team
- 10-trip tickets – can only be purchased from a Metlink ticket office or agent
- Monthly passes – can be purchased from Metlink ticket office, agents or online and we send it to you.