Matarawa Station is a small rural railway station around six kilometres from Carterton.
Stop only on request
Services on weekdays between 8.30am and 5pm and all weekend on the Wairarapa Line will now only stop on request and pick up only at Matarawa and Maymorn stations. This is in an effort to reduce delays on the Wairarapa Line services.
If you wish to exit at either of these stations please inform the on-board staff when you board your service. If you wish to catch the service from either station please ensure you are there early and are clearly visible on the platform so that the driver can see you on approach.
On Moffats Road.
Matarawa Station’s nearest ticket office at Greytown Motors, 230 Main Street, Greytown.
Single fares can be purchased from Metlink onboard staff. Correct change is appreciated.
How much will it cost? Fare information
There are no toilet facilities at Matarawa Station
There are no buses to and from Matarawa Station.
Wairarapa trains can carry cycles in the luggage compartment, space pending. Cyclists must speak to staff before loading their cycle. Additional capacity is available during the weekends.
Bus replacing trains stop
In Carterton on the corner of Dalefield Road and High Street (external link) , at the "Welcome to Carterton" daffodil sign (6.8 km)
How to get timetable and disruption information
- You can get timetable information for services from this station (external link)
- Get Alerts to your phone or via email – Set up a My Metlink account
- Download our Metlink Commuter app for real time information
- Sometimes track maintenance or upgrades to a line are required. We schedule planned disruptions during off-peak and buses will replace train services. Planned disruptions are notified by posters, Real Time Information signs at stations and Service Updates
Compliments and complaints
We want to hear about your public transport journey. Get your feedback to us.
- Single cash fares and Day Passes – can be purchased with cash from on-board Metlink team
- 10-trip tickets – can only be purchased from a Metlink ticket office or agent
- Monthly passes – can be purchased from Metlink ticket office, agents or online and we send it to you.