Carterton Station was built in 1880. The station building includes a museum which is open on Sundays.
At the intersection of Wheatstone Street and Belvedere Road.
There is a ticket office at Carterton Station. It is open 30 minutes prior to the departure of each Wellington bound service Monday to Friday.
Single fare tickets can be purchased with cash (no eftpos) from Metlink staff on the train. Correct change is appreciated.
There are no toilet facilities at the station but toilets are available on the Wairarapa train service.
Park and Ride
There are Park and Ride facilities at Carterton Station.
Wairarapa trains can carry cycles in the luggage compartment, space pending. Cyclists must speak to staff before loading their cycle. Additional capacity is available during the weekends.
No bus services depart from Carterton Station
Bus replacing train stop
How to get timetable and disruption information
- You can get timetable information for services from this station (external link)
- Get Alerts to your phone or via email – Set up a My Metlink account
- Download our Metlink Commuter app for real time information
- Sometimes track maintenance or upgrades to a line are required. We schedule planned disruptions during off-peak and buses will replace train services. Planned disruptions are notified by posters, Real Time Information signs at stations and Service Updates
Compliments and complaints
We want to hear about your public transport journey. Get your feedback to us.
- Single cash fares and Day Passes – can be purchased with cash from on-board Metlink team
- 10-trip tickets – can only be purchased from a Metlink ticket office or agent
- Monthly passes – can be purchased from Metlink ticket office, agents or online and we send it to you.