Fringe Festival Competition Terms and Conditions
Win free NZ Fringe Festival tickets promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. THE PROMOTER: The NZ Fringe Festival tickets promotion (the Promotion) is being run by the Wellington Regional Council, a regional council under the Local Government Act 2002, under its METLINK brand (the Promoter).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all residents of New Zealand 13 years of age or over with the exception of the Promoter’s employees and their immediate family members.
3. MINORS: If you are younger than 18 years of age, you must have the consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter this Promotion.
4. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The promotional period commences at 7pm, 28 February and closes on 11.59pm, 5 March 2020 (Promotional Period).
5. ENTRY: To enter the Promotion, each Entrant must follow the instructions as outlined on our Facebook competition post during the Promotional Period (each an Entry).
6. NUMBER OF ENTRIES: You may submit as many Entries as you wish during the Promotional Period. However, only one prize can be won.
7. CORRECT ENTRIES: You are responsible for ensuring that your Entry is complete and correct. The following will be deemed to be invalid:
a. Incomplete, incorrect or late entries;
b. Entries that promote violence, threats and illegal acts or contain pornography, obscene, hate or racist material;
c. Entries that infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity;
d. Entries that are considered as unsolicited electronic commercial messages including overly repetitive messages, or repeatedly raises issues that have previously been addressed or non-consensual advertisement.
8.VERIFICATION. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. DRAW: On 6 March 2020, the Promoter will randomly select one Entry from all valid Entries received during the Competition Period (each a Winning Entry).
10. CONTACT: The Promoter will use its best endeavours to contact the winner via their email account within 24 hours of the prize draw to obtain their full name, contact details and address for prize delivery. However, if the Promoter cannot contact a prize winner within a reasonable time, the Promoter may redraw for the relevant prize.
11. MINORS: Where any winner is younger than 18 years of age, the Promoter may award the prize to the winner's parent or legal guardian. The Promoter may require the winner's parent or legal guardian to sign acceptance of these Terms and Conditions prior to claiming a prize.
12. ANNOUNCEMENT: The winner may be announced on the Metlink website and Facebook page on or around the 10 March 2020.
13. NO CORRESPONDENCE: All decisions by the Promoter regarding this Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. PRIZE: The prize for the Promotion will be a double ticket to any Fringe show with an approximate value of $50. Prizes may be collected from the Promoter or posted to a Wellington address supplied by the winner to the Promoter.
15. NO TRANSFER: The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
16. UNAVAILABILITY: The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes set out in these Terms and Conditions. If the prize becomes unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of an equivalent value.
17. PROMOTION: By entering the Promotion, you agree to the Promoter using your personal information supplied to contact you if you are a prize winner. If you are a prize winner, you agree to participate in publicity organised by the Promoter and you also agree to the use of your name, likeness and image for publicity and promotional purposes for an unlimited period in any media, without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, social media and event websites and media releases.
18. NO RESPONSIBILITY: The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
19. NO LIABILITY: Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Promotion or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
20. NO SPONSORSHIP: By entering this Promotion you acknowledge this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated, with Facebook. You understand that you are not providing your information Facebook.
22. RIGHTS OF CANCELLATION: The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter’s ability to conduct the Promotion as contemplated in these Terms and Conditions, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any such termination or modification will be notified on the Metlink website https://www.metlink.org.nz/customer-services/website-terms-and-conditions/fringe-festival-competition-terms-and-conditions (external link)
23. APPLICABLE LAW: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and each Entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
24. If you have any questions in relation to this competition, please contact email@example.com