Website Terms and Conditions
Copyright and intellectual property
This Metlink Website, including its content, is protected under copyright and other laws of New Zealand. Unless otherwise stated, copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Metlink Website and all material on the Metlink Website is protected by copyright owned by GWRC or its licensors.
To the extent expressly indicated for specific items or collections of content (either below or within specific items or collections), the material on the Metlink Website is licensed for re-use under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the material, as long as you attribute it to GWRC and abide by the other licence terms. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ (external link) . This licence does not apply to:
(a) Any material subject to third party copyright - permission to re-use third party copyright material cannot be given by GWRC;
(b) Any logos, emblems and trade marks on the Metlink Website, or to the Metlink Website's design elements. Those specific items may not be re-used without express written permission of GWRC. No material on the Metlink Website may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand.
If you wish to have confirmation of whether or not specific material on the Metlink Website is licensed for such re-use please contact us (external link) with detail of your request.
You may not frame any part of the Metlink Website content by including advertising or other revenue generating material.
All third party data and materials can only be copied and/or reused if you have permission of such third party and otherwise in accordance with any licence linked or otherwise indicated with the provision of the data or materials.
See the Contact (external link) page.
Modifications: Subject to any contractual terms GWRC has agreed to with you, GWRC reserves the right to add to, modify, suspend, or remove the Metlink Website or any information, material or feature incorporated in the Metlink Website at any time and without notice. GWRC may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to the Metlink Website from time to time, with or without notice, and you agree to check these terms and conditions and to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access the Metlink Website.
In these terms references to the Metlink Website include all pages of, and all information and material on, this website and subsidiary websites, including, without limitation, text, images, graphics, layout, look-and-feel and any other information contained on or in the Metlink Website (collectively, ‘content’) and all transaction processing services available on or via the Metlink Website ('transaction processing services’).
Non-permissible access and use: You must not:
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the Metlink Website, or attempt to obtain any materials, information or documents through any means not purposely made available by GWRC, including, without limitation, hacking, password mining or otherwise accessing data without prior express authorisation of GWRC;
- Test the vulnerability of the Metlink Website, or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Metlink Website;
- Provide a materially false or fraudulent statement, detail or information in your submissions to us through the Metlink Website;
- Remove any copyright, trade mark, or proprietary rights notices included in or on the Metlink Website;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Metlink Website;
- Engage in any conduct that may disrupt or interfere with the operation of the Metlink Website or interfere with other users’ use and enjoyment of the Metlink Website;
- Use the Metlink Website to directly or indirectly create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender of a message or post; or
- Use the Metlink Website to directly or indirectly transmit or upload any computer programs or other material in breach of any intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or any other applicable laws or engage in any other conduct that we reasonably consider inappropriate.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and with these terms and conditions at all times when using the Metlink Website.
Registered User: To gain access to certain features of the Metlink Website you may need to register an account with us by entering a valid email address and accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the online registration form. In addition, you must select a password. You may not sell, exchange, trade or auction your account. You confirm that the data you provided to us on registering was at the time you provided it current, complete and accurate, and you agree to maintain and update the data as required to keep it so. For other features of the Metlink Website registration may be different. You should refer to the specific terms of the feature for further details.
Reliance upon Password: You must ensure that your password is kept secure and confidential and not revealed to any other person. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under or through the use of your password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or any other breach of security, and we will deactivate that password. You release us from any claim in respect of, or arising from, any reliance by us upon any use of your password, including us disclosing information relating to your registration and/or affairs with us.
Third Party Information: If you provide us with personal information about another person (for example a spouse, relative or other person) then you are responsible for ensuring you have authority to do so and making that person aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we will use their personal information in accordance with the GWRC Privacy Statement (external link) .
Suspension: If you breach any of these Terms we may suspend (at our absolute discretion) your account and your use of the Metlink Website or particular features of the Metlink Website effective immediately and without prior notice.
Preservation and Use of Content: We may preserve content that you submit through the Metlink Website at our sole discretion and we may use it and disclose it as we see fit, but subject to the GWRC Privacy Statement (external link) .
Waiver: If at any time we do not enforce any of these Terms or grant you time or other indulgence, we will not be construed as having waived that term or condition, or our rights to later enforce that or any other term or condition. Further, no waiver by us, in exercising any right, power or provision in these Terms shall operate as a waiver of any other right or of that same right at a future time. Nor shall any delay in exercise of any power or right be interpreted as a waiver.
The Metlink Website is operated by us from New Zealand. Use of the Metlink Website and these Terms shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms and any dispute arising in relation to the Metlink Website. The information on the Metlink Website may not be appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Those who choose to access this Metlink Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Although reasonable effort has been made to maintain current and accurate information on the Metlink Website and information contained has been assembled by GWRC in good faith, to the fullest extent permitted by law, GWRC does not accept any responsibility or liability for any action taken or omission made as a result of reliance placed on such information and GWRC excludes all liability in relation to the Metlink Website whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss or damage however caused (including direct, indirect, consequential, special or exemplary loss or damage, or loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of savings and loss of opportunity).
Disclaimer in relation to third parties and links:
- External links have been provided for the user's convenience. To the fullest extent permitted by law GWRC does not accept any responsibility for the content or condition of any external links on the Metlink Website.
- The availability of third party information on the Metlink Website does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us regarding any particular third party, goods, services or transaction except to the extent expressly stated. Use of information about third parties contained on the Metlink Website is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GWRC is not responsible for any adverse consequences arising out of such use. If you enter into any agreement subsequent to accessing the Metlink Website, you do so entirely in reliance on your own judgement and enquiries and not in reliance on us.
If you have any questions, issues or complaints about the Metlink Website, any of our services, or these Terms please contact us.