Monthly rail performance
In July 2016 Transdev began operating Wellington's rail services. Under the new operating contact performance measures were introduced to deliver a stronger focus on improving customer experience.
The new performance measures focus on::
- Reliability - the train service does not leave early, stops at all stations and is the correct size.
- Punctuality - any service less than 5 minutes late is on time.
Transdev is financially penalised for any service that does not meet these criteria.
Under the old operator contract, rail services are recorded as ‘on-time’ when they are within five minutes of the scheduled time running in and out of Wellington Station.
For the first two months of operation we have measured performance of services under the old criteria. Transdev have maintained or exceeded performance:
Performance on the week of the 14th August declined due to:
- a motor vehicle accident on Monday morning
- a landslip on Monday evening
- heavy frost on the tracks and the overhead wires on Wednesday morning
Performance on each line
Wairarapa Line continues to to be of concern. We are working to deliver changes to the operation of Wairarapa Line over the next few months to improve performance.