(external link) The Metlink Twitter account is @metlinkwgtn
When you follow us, you can expect up to 10 tweets a day covering some or all of the following:
- Details we receive from operators about unplanned service disruptions
- Alerts about new content on our other digital channels (news, service updates, Metlink promotions, etc.)
- Invitations to provide feedback on specific issues
- Information from our team about what they’re doing
- Live coverage of occasional events
We may occasionally use some automation (such as tools which generate tweets from RSS feeds) but this will not dominate the messages posted.
We will update and monitor our Twitter account during the operating hours of the Metlink Service Centre:
- Monday to Friday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am - 9:00pm
- Sundays and public holidays 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Christmas and New Year holidays 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Christmas Day - closed
We will try to respond to all @replies in a timely manner, though response times may vary due to volume. In the evenings, weekends and on public holidays we may not be able answer your questions as we need to refer to another member of our team to ensure we provide you with the correct information. We will advise you of this and we will get back to you once the information has been confirmed.
Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.