I keep getting logged out of MyMetlink in the app
Older versions of the app had reports of people being logged out unexpectedly, especially in iOS (iPhone). Updates to the app have since addressed those issues. Check that you are on the latest version of the app and have installed the latest system updates to your device.
I can't select favourites
You need to be logged into a MyMetlink account to add or manage favourites.
If you have a MyMetlink account, but still can't add or change your favourites, the Contact Centre may be able to manually set favourites to your MyMetlink account in our system.
I'm not receiving alert notifications
Older versions of the app reported issues of alerts not working for some people. Updates to the app have since addressed those issues.
Notifications, such as emails or notifications to your device, are sent based on your notification preferences. Notifications only get sent if you are logged in and have that station, stop or service added to your favourites.
Some areas in the region have very poor mobile coverage, making it harder for information like alerts to get to your device, and notifications may have expired before your device has enough coverage to receive them.
Map isn't centering to my location
- Check that location services are enabled for your device and for the Metlink app (in your device settings).
- Weak mobile coverage makes it harder to find a device's location, and will affect all apps the use location-based features.
- In general, the location function within apps is only as good as the accuracy of the device's GPS. If the GPS cannot connect to a good signal, it won't be as accurate, or may not load at all.
- The Metlink app will default to the last location used in the app if your location isn't registering. Try tapping the "recenter" icon from the menu near the top-left of the map.
Pages or map aren't loading
Check these things in the device settings:
- Check whether your device's settings require you to be connected to wifi or if it allows mobile data usage.
- Weak mobile coverage can slow down page loading. Check your signal strength - the more "bars" you have, the faster pages will load. 2G and 3G data coverage will run slower than 4G or 5G. Coverage can vary greatly between mobile service providers in some areas.
- If using mobile data, check that your phone plan mobile data allowance hasn’t run out.
- If using wifi, check that the wifi is turned on in the device, and that you're not using airplane mode.
- Check that there is enough storage available on the phone. Metlink app doesn't use much data, but if your phone storage is completely full, this can slow down your device, making apps and pages slow to load.
- Background apps that use a lot of data, such as video streaming and social media, can slow down your device or other apps while they are running. Close all background apps, launch the Metlink app again.
- Try turning off and restarting the phone.