Metlink Strategic Event Support Policy
Metlink is proud to be able to provide strategic support for the Wellington Region’s major events. Strategic event support will be focused on providing targeted public transport to help people get to and from events safely and in a climate friendly manner.
When considering whether to provide support, the following principles will be considered:
- If there are 10,000 or more people in attendance
- The event will significantly impact on the functioning of the timetabled services and create congestion in the Wellington region.
- Association with the event will have a positive impact on the Metlink brand.
- The event is socially significant in that it has regional and/or national and/or visitor/tourist participation or attendance, and/or public health benefits.
- The event has regional economic development impacts. For example it is a major sporting, cultural or festive event that brings people in to the Wellington region.
The full policy is available for you to read here:
Last published: Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 10:00 AM