Filming application form
If you wish to film/photograph on board a Metlink Public Transport service, you will need to fill out this form.
If you wish to film/photograph at the Wellington Railway Station, please contact KiwiRail(external link).
If you wish to film/photograph at any railway stations or bus stops other than Wellington Station, please contact 0800 801 700.
If you wish to film or photograph on board Metlink Public Transport Service safety is paramount to us so there are some restrictions on where and when you can access the Public Transport Network.
If approved filming needs to take place on weekdays between the hours of 10am – 2pm & after 7.30pm; we can be flexible at weekends but not during special events. Footpaths and roads come under the remit of local Councils so they should be approached should you wish to access these areas.
When filming on board our services:
- You will have access to public areas only (not the cab or track when on board a train).
- Advance permission is required to film or photograph any of our staff, permission is required before photographing them.
- Regular ticketing applies.
- Scheduled services will not be delayed for any filming/photography requirements
- Passengers and staff are protected by the Privacy Act, you will need to show how you will be able to protect others privacy before approval to film/photograph is given. You will be required to complete a Privacy Impact Assessment for our records.
The Metlink Public Transport Network is kept politically and religiously neutral. Therefore, political or religious campaigning of any kind is not permitted.
You must submit your application at least 10 working days before your planned event start date. Until signed authority is given you cannot film on board.
Please note that if you content is considered commercial then your event will be subject to a minimum administration charge of $100 per hour unless we have specifically waived it and may also incur other costs including Public Transport staff in attendance, security and cleaning.
Last published: Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 1:33 PM