Do you need to talk?

Sometimes we need a helping hand

Metlink cares about the people in our region and supports the wellbeing of you, your whānau and our communities. Sometimes, we need a helping hand to look after our mental health.

Where to go for help

Talk with someone you trust. A great place to start is your doctor or a health professional, kaumātua, whānau, a friend or counsellor. If you need other support, consider contacting New Zealand’s national mental health and addictions helpline, ‘1737, need to talk?’

1737, need to talk?

Free call or text anytime

1737 is a free service for New Zealanders feeling down, anxious, a bit overwhelmed or just need to chat to someone. You can call or text for free 24/7. You’ll talk, or text, with a trained counsellor confidentially. The service is completely free!

If you know or see someone who seems out-of-sorts, reach out to them and let them know 1737, need to talk? Is there to help.

More information about 1737(external link)

Last published: Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 8:02 AM